Bamie recipe – a simple Indonesian dish

Quick & Yummy Bamie
Bamie is a great one pan recipe, that is perfect for camping and caravaning. It is rather similar to Nasi Goreng. It is suitable for stir frying or cooking in one pan. I love dishes like this when camping or when cooking in my caravan or RV.

To the basic recipe you can add other vegetables, such as mushrooms, broccoli, leeks and bean sprouts, if you prefer. As with fried rice, you can use whatever you have to hand.

It is certainly one where you can kiss the cook in gratefulness. So come on get ready to pucker up...you are going to love this one

Bamie 

1 Tablespoon Olive oil/sesame oil combined
300g premium mince
1 onions chopped
1 teaspoon ginger*
1 heaped teaspoons garlic*
½ capsicum – can use a tin if fresh is not available
100g diced bacon (cut off fat first!)
¼ cup dark soy sauce or to taste
2 carrots
¼ shredded cabbage
2 packets of 2-minute noodles (minus any seasoning)

Instructions Sauté chopped onion, capsicum, ginger and garlic in the oil.
Add mince and bacon. Cook well.
Add soy sauce to taste. Add remaining vegetables approx 10-15 minutes before serving, depending upon how cooked you like your vegetables.
Stir every few minutes. Add more soy sauce to taste
Cook noodles separately in hot boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and stir through met & vegetable mixture.
Add more soy sauce if desired before serving.


*For ease whilst travelling, I like to have the small jars on hand

A little goes a long way.

I find it to be quite a filling meal.
This dish was passed to me by my husband’s sister in law and it has become a family meal favourite. Thanks Marion. I owe you many kisses!

What is your favourite one pan recipe?


PS I think you pronounce it as Barm-ee!

4 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy...wonder if you can swap the mince for chicken?
    Will have to see if we can give this one a go this weekend.
    We love cooking on our Choofer - David cooks the best Thai Green Curry in his wok.
    And yes some recipes do go a long way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it with chicken. I imagine it would work. let me know how it goes.

      Delete
  2. I don't use mince with mine Michelle, but pork finely sliced, and bacon, or prawns, or pretty much whatever meat I have around at the time.
    It is also great served with a satay sauce over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it with other meats, but I do include bacon. Thanks for the input!

      Delete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle