Birthday on the road

I had start a fabulous start to my birthday. Phone calls from my kids came intermittently through the day. I was no allowed to cook or wash up. Steve and Lorraine were mostly busy today but they made time to wish me a Happy Birthday as did Cherie who must have heard from Lorraine. That was nice.


I was free to spend the day being selfish and I chose to get stuck into my sock dolls. Later on, Rob took me into town for fish and chips for lunch and we spent a pleasant hour or so talking before heading back. Rob informed me that he was "cooking' that night. That usually means that he is taking me out for dinner. All I knew was that I didn't have to cook. It generally meant we'd be going to a restaurant or the local club.


Night time rocks up and so we got dressed up, hopped in the car and as we passed the rec room we could see that Lorraine and Cherie were getting ready to have dinner together. Rob says, just pop out and say that we are going now...so I did.
"Surprise!" The dinner was in the rec room. Steve and Lorraine cooked a superb Baked Dinner for us all and Cherie had made this marvellous 3 layer cake covered in swirly red icing roses for dessert.

Rob, Lorraine, Steve, Robin & Cherie

Rob and I with the fabulous cake in front of us. Note it is all colour co-ordinated in my favourite colour - Red

I was totally unsuspecting. Rob really got me by driving us 15 metres to the rec room. LOL.

All of it was just wonderful. Thank you Lorraine and Steve Wilson who cooked the baked dinner, Cherie (who made the cake) and Robin. Most of all I thank God for my darling husband who set it all up. You are my rock and best friend. You give me a reason to get up every morning. I love you so much!

7 comments:

  1. Again Happy Birthday to you Michelle and congratulations to Rob and his Co-Conspirators for pulling it off the way they did.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful surprise. They all out did themselves!

      Delete
  2. Wow what a clever hubby you have no matter what age we are it is always nice to be spoilt on our special day. Good to see you are enjoying your travels again too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann, We are enjoying this trip. Even more so as we treasure what ever time we have left now that we have both been given bad health reports! But we are not letting it stop us completely! :)

      Delete
  3. Yes happy birthday and loving the posts. We are now proud owners of a 9m 1989 Fuso bus which I have started to strip out ready for the conversion process to begin. I would love your email so I could ask Rob a few questions along the way if you don't mind. My email is mark.h.ellis@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the tardy response. I have forgotten to read my comments! Congratulations on your bus. I will send you an email today!

      Delete
  4. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle