Seeing God

I can see God's hand everywhere where I look when I am out in nature. I find my problems are so much reduced when I survey the wondrous works of His hand.

Orange Lacewing butterfly as seen in Cairns

I marvel at the intricacies I see in the variety and wings of a butterfly, the large ungainly run a penguin yet the sleekness of its swimming agility. I can see the hand of a creator. I can't begin to comprehend the variety of flowers that I can see yet apparently there are many more insects that haven't yet been discovered than there are flowers in the world.

Platypus; Photo source: Dave Watts

To wake up in the soft light of a new day and to see the glorious sunsets each day just sets my heart aglow. I see that there is an order even in the tiniest details, yet I can only begin to appreciate the way God has created the world, from then incomprehensibly tiny, as well as the unimaginably large things of this universe. I can see that God has a humorous side too when I see the juxtaposition of the shy, elusive platypus.

With such marvelous evidence of a designer, I can not doubt the existence of God?

Sunrise at Coalcliff, near Wollongong, NSW, Australia. Photo by Chilby Photographics

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S.Lewis

So awaken yourself to see the beauty all around you and allow yourself to be in awe of the mystery and greatness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle