Have you heard of MSO?

The Campervan and Motorhome Club of Australia (CMCA) is the largest RV Club in the Southern Hemisphere. One of the great benefits of the CMCA is the Member Stop Overs (MSO). This relatively new initiative is where some members voluntarily open their private yards or properties for fellow members to stop over on private property for a night or several nights. All members using an MSO are expected to be fully self contained. There are no fees involved. Occasionally some other services such as power may be available but it is at the owners discretion and is not to be expected.

One popular MSO property not far out of the Sunshine Coast are willing to take several vans at once
Each place is different. Some have only the room for one small RV at their place, maybe in their driveway and others might be able to fit in half a dozen or more on a small acreage

This is at our own place. It can fit 2 or 3 depending on the size of the rigs
These private properties are scattered all around Australia. Some are in cities and towns, some are on small farms or properties. There are certain conditions that must be met, such as a courtesy phone call asking if the property is available at the time you hope to roll up. Some allow you to stay more than one night, some allow dogs.

Sometimes it is just at the side of a house
As stated right at the beginning, to make use of the wonderful MSOs that are available right across Australia, you must join the CMCA. There is a one off joining fee of $16.50 plus a yearly membership of $44. There are a lot more advantages of CMCA membership than just the MSO but maybe that can be the topic of a future blog post or you can suss it out at the CMCA website yourself right now.

A disclaimer:
This is just my opinion and from my own personal experiences, which have all been positive. It in no way reflects the official views nor has any permission or payment been sought or given in the making of this blog post. Please regards any mistakes and inaccuracies as my own and then please accept my humble apologies.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading about your travels. I've even taking to trying some of your yummy recipes. Wendy Woo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle