Forgiveness - letting go


I am deaf and from time to time I get to read the stories of other deaf people. Many I can relate to even though we obviously have different experiences and personalities. Some have wonderful support of friends and families and others struggle for acceptance.

This week I read of one lady's relationship struggle with her father. At the end was a wonderful quote that has touched a deep chord in me. You can read her story here.

I had a toxic relationship in my teenage years (that has nothing to do with my disability).   

Forgiveness does not come easy for most of us. A lesson I learnt  by the grace of God, is that I can forgive without needing the person to seek forgiveness.

Forgiveness has freed me and allowed me to move on with my life. Maybe one day I can introduce Jesus to him and help set him free in a way he has never experienced.


If you would like to understand more about forgiveness, then feel free to contact me or better still go to a church near you and ask them to explain it to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle