Marlay Point at Lake Wellington

Marlay Point Free Camping Site is just in front of Lake Wellington Yacht Club which is approximately 18 kms from Sale on Clydebank Road. Note: The turnoff is easily missed, so keep an eye open and use the GPS coordinates to help you find this great location.


It offers nice grassy areas (just near yacht club), a boat ramp and toilet facilities. Lake Wellington is part of the Gippsland Lakes. Though being such a shallow lake at just 3 metres deep it is quite brownish looking.


The wind was blowing a gale when we camped right on the foreshore of Lake Wellington. I loved being near the water watching the birds, mostly seagulls from inside the warmth and dry of the motorhome.


Beware that Marlay Point is also home to the who hold regular yachting regattas over the summer period especially over the Labour Day Long weekend and no camping is allowed this weekend.


The cooler evening lent itself to a warm curry for dinner, Massaman Curried Chicken, which I will post up next..


2 comments:

  1. "My Mom and I decided to make some chicken and dumplings. Your recipe stuck out to us as we were surfing the web. We followed your instructions exactly. The outcome was DELICIOUS! I had a newly purchased box of Bisquick flour which helps, I think. In addition, we grow fresh herbs and used our garden parsley!

    I really enjoyed going through your blog and I am looking forward to trying more of your recipes.

    I've been gluten free for health reasons for over 7 years. It has made a huge difference in my life. I had lots of hip pain and bloating and YUCK... A few months after I started really working at it (when I was done crying about pizza crust) I felt an amazing difference. Pickup Lines Google Gravity Tricks I love you quotes Good Night Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful and delicious! I do some prep ahead meals but not that many. I think this is very worthwhile and nice to know you always have a meal on hand! Dark Web Links How to Access the Dark Web Website Traffic Estimator Best Backlink Checker Tools Play Free Games Online

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle