Beerburrum and the Glasshouse Mountains

We were able to camp at a private property in Beerburrum almost on the eastern slopes of the Glasshouse Mountains. Barry and Marlina have opened their property to members only of the CMCA to stay free of charge as part of the MSO initiative. This relatively new option is not open to the public but I believe will become more and more popular especially in areas where there is little free camping.


We were intending to stay here just 2 or 3 nights as we use this as a base to catch up with friends in Brisbane just some 60 - 70 km away. In the end we felt so welcomed, we stayed 6 nights. This also allowed visits to friends which didn't come together as well as we had initially hoped.



Of course no stay near Beerburrum would be complete without a trip to the fabulous Glasshouse Mountains. It is an area great for nature walks, hikes, photography, wild life and just stopping to admire the rugged beauty God has created.



Whilst staying here, we went for a touristy drive along the lower Sunshine Coast. We were unable to find any contact details of Brian & Lorraine that used to live in Bli Bli, and we were hoping we could physically remember where their house was, but were unsuccessful. Sadly, it had just been too long to reactivate a more precise memory. Still we enjoyed the drive around the beaches of Caloundra and further south. We found it almost impossible to park near the main beaches in Caloundra for lunch so we went a tad north to Shelly Beach instead. After lunch we mosied on further south through Pelican Waters before turning 'home'.  It was a beaut laid back day full of sunshine and a cool breeze.


On another day (with a lazy day or 2 in between) we went into Brisbane. One of our dear friends had been in a serious accident and was still in hospital several months later. So we wanted to visit him. We also lined up a coffee date with a fellow cancer Warrior whom I met through Without a Ribbon Inc. This charity has saved my sanity at a time when I felt very isolated from friends. It was so good to know that I was not alone and that the feelings and traumas I went through with a rare cancer were understood by fellow warriors. Sadly I found the Cancer Council didn't offer much support for people with rare cancers. So WaR and fellow Warriors became my lifeline to sanity.


1 comment:

  1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle