Age of Dinosaur meets Jurassic Park

Forget whatever you learn from the Jurassic Park movie, most of it is pure fiction and a terrific movie on its own but people and dinosaurs did not ever coexist. Also some of the dinosaurs mentioned are not even part of the Jurassic period. eg the Triceratops lived during the Cretaceous period not the Jurassic period.


So get real and get yourself off to the Australian Age of Dinosaur to learn the truth and while you are at it bring the kids and grand kids, they will have an absolute blast.


The road is now bitumen all the way and you turn off and are greeted with a short climb to the top of what the locals call a "Jump Up". Back home around Sydney we would call it a table top and another term is a mesa. Whatever you call it, it truly stands out and later you'll see what a fantastic idea it was to locate this museum on one. The views from the top are spectacular. I'd love to be here at sunset or dawn, but sadly that's only available to staff and volunteers.



Your first glimpse of the Age of Dinosaurs building shows you a modern angular building that is just as stark just as the landscape in which it sits which you can glimpse in the photo above.



Now if you are expecting a normal dry dusty museum, then you couldn't be further from the truth here.



The Australian Age of Dinosaur is home to the largest collection of Australian dinosaur fossils in the world and we have some very unique specimens here that are world exclusive. The Museum is split between different sections. 


We started with a tour of the Laboratory which includes the collection room and where they spend hours with the most delicate tools searching for bones and other matter. We also did a guided tour/video presentation of the dinosaurs named Banjo, Matilda and what makes them so unique and how they were discovered nearby.




After a short break in the Cretaceous Cafe which sadly we didn't appreciate the soggy pastry of our microwaved sausage roll. We soon were off on a people mover to see the magnificent Dinosaur Canyon. This is probably my favourite part. Where the sculptures and such bring the dinosaur period to life for me.








9 comments:

  1. Only in the Cartoons and movies did Man and Beast cohabitate. Scary to think what it must have been like in those times as they roamed the earth.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

      Delete
  2. Just came across you blog. And just read about your bus conversion. Sure was and big task but looks wonderful and does the job nicely I am sure.
    What a fun place to visit and information on the dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I'm glad you found us. We've had a difficult it few months as we deal with health issues but we're hitting the road again in a few weeks. Come back again soon.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for such a wonderful article. If you are living in Perth and looking for the best solar power system providers in Perth, WA. We help you save home area in solar panel installation. To know more click on the links below:
    Solar Panel Cleaning Companies in Perth WA
    Solar Power Battery Kits Brand Perth WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been concerned about your well being with all the Wildfires in Australia.
    Rick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern. We ourselves have been safe, but my brother and his wife were evacuated but luckily there house was safe. Also my son's brother in law were evacuated and their family came to stay with us for a week during the worst of it. Their house was safe too but their neighbours lost theirs. All bushfires are now under control. It took 4 months for some of the fires.

      Delete
  5. Ontdek onze Dolce Gusto! - Witgoedsite.nl - Lekkere koffie en thee zetten met NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Met de Dolce Gusto apparaten kun je niet alleen koffie, maar ook thee maken.

    Dolce Gusto

    ReplyDelete
  6. How To Get Your Ex Lover/Partner/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Wife Or Husband Back

    It breaks my heart to know that people are hurting so badly that they are desperate to get their love lives back. For anyone hurting right now, I want you to worry no more for your Ex lover/partner will come back to you so you can feel whole again and I truly mean that. When my wife left me, Lord Zakuza was the man I contacted that helped me to get my wife back with his powerful spell within 48 hours and I can never forget the day I meant Lord Zakuza for he's spells perform GREAT MIRACLES. Get in touch with Lord Zakuza now for he's like a God on earth that can get your EX lover back within 48 hours with his powerful spell. You can go get in touch with him through the below details.


    WhatsApp/call/text: +1 740 573 9483
    Website via: lordzakuzaspells.com
    Email via: Lordzakuza7 @ gmail. com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle