MASSAMAN PRAWN AND PUMPKIN SOUP

When you are out on road, whether it be camping, in a caravan or in a motorhome, you will need to cook at one stage and a quick simple meal is something most of us want. Now if you can find one that is cheap and tasty too then you will come back to it time and again.


This tasty dinner hits the jackpot every time in every way. I love it so much that I like to cook it at home too.

MASSAMAN PRAWN AND PUMPKIN SOUP

1 Tablespoon oil
1 onion chipped finely
5 Tablespoon massaman paste
1 small (500g) butternut pumpkin peeled, remove seeds & chopped into small cubes
4 kaffir lime leaves
4 cups chicken stock
280ml coconut cream
200g raw prawns peeled & devined
100g grape tomatoes, cut lengthwise
60g snow peas cut into long strips
coriander leaves and/or shallots for garnishing


Method:

  1. Cook onion in oil until soft then add paste & cook for an additional 5 minutes.
  2. Add pumpkin, lime leaves and stock. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes until pumpkin start to soften.
  3. Add cream, prawns, snow peas & tomatoes. Simmer for 3 minutes until prawns are cooked – do not over cook the prawns.
  4. Remove from pan and add garnishes.
 
Exmouth Big Prawn on our way to Cape Range National Park

Hints:

  • I chose to serve with cooked rice or rice noodles to make it more filling.
  • It is just as nice without the prawns if you want to go vegetarian or you could substitute with chicken instead.
  • If you wish to freeze half, my suggestion is that you eat ALL the prawns at the first sitting and just have the soup minus the prawns the 2nd time OR add fresh raw prawns and cook for 3 minutes as though you would in step 3. (I found the prawns went tough on reheating.) 

So that's it, just 18 minutes from start to on the table. 
It really is so fast, simple and tasty!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Look's delicious!

    I would like to contact you about a possible collaboration! Can you leave your email?

    Thanks,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Michelle